This course is made to get you certified as having the skill set needed to comply with Section 29A of Act A1648 OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH (AMENDMENT) ACT 2022. Below, we attach the paragraph of said amendment:
New section 29ASource: Official website of Malaysia Federal Legislation
29. The principal Act is amended by inserting after section 29 the following section:
“Occupational safety and health coordinator
(1) An employer whose place of work is not included in any class or description of place of work as published in the Gazette under subsection 29(1) shall appoint one of his employees to act as an occupational safety and health coordinator if he employs five or more employees at his place of work.
(2) An employee appointed as an occupational safety and health coordinator under subsection (1) shall be appointed for the purpose of coordinating occupational safety and health issues at the place of work.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), an employer referred to in subsection (1) who has appointed a safety and health officer at the place of work shall be deemed to have complied with subsection (1).
(4) An employer who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both.”.